Wednesday 9 October 2013

Codes and conventions task

I chose to call this band the Uptempo's because I feel like it fits a jazz which is the genre of music I chose for this  band. I used a yellow orange colour for the font as it stood out but did not clash with the background colours. The subheadline is in white which ties in with the white outline of the main headline. In the top right hand corner I featured an interview with Adele in black because it contrasted with the orange and white headlines about the uptempos and I wanted a different colour to make it clear that it was going to be a seperate section of the magazine. The main headline is quite big and does make an impact as it is the first thing you read. I don't think that putting it across the main image hindered the effects at all.


Pitch magazine was designed for a niche market so I tried to keep it focused on mostly Marilyn Manson as he doesn't really appeal to a wide range of people. This would mean that this issue of 'Pitch' wasn't aimed at a mass audience. The red masthead meant that I kept red as the main colour used. Red contrasts with the black and white background so was a good colour to use. An exclusive sample of Marilyn Manson's album was featured as an incentive and I used a bright yellow font to make it eye catching. 


SounD is a rock and roll magazine white provided influence and meant I kept it tied in with this theme. The fire and 'ROCK' plectrums added character to the cover. The main headline is in a faded black and grey which gave a rock look. 

Music_X is a niche market magazine. Bjork is the cover star so the main cover line says that Bjork is going to give the readers an insight. The other cover lines talk about new bands from the specific genre and also features parts from Bjork's interview such as her dream collaboration? I chose to use fonts seeing as the background was black and it totally complemented the masthead and cover picture. 



M magazine is created for a mass market. Alliteration is used in 'Drake Domination'. I think that as a mass market magazine it needed to be quite a typical cover. The colour red is bold and stands out against the contrasting black. I used rihanna as she is also a pop artist who features mostly in top 40 music. The cover line is placed in the middle as I think it was the most "stand out-ish". Featuring readers opinions on top 10 tracks is including the readers so they feel more involved.   

No comments:

Post a Comment