Tuesday 5 November 2013

Remake/ remodel task


































I have produced an NME cover and therefore all of my choices made are based around the ethos of NME. The photograph I have taken is of two people who I think represent what NME is about well. The target audience of NME is primarily teenagers so I have tried to make sure it has a young feel to it. Readers of the magazine are predominantly male so the colour scheme and theme I have tried to portray try and support this. It was apparent that from doing some research into NME that readers liked to attend concerts as on a majority of covers I found insiders about recent gigs and upcoming concerts. Due to this I contained a little feauture on an 'NME music photography awards' which I saw featured on a previous issue. NME's target audience have been described as 'enthusiasts of new entertainment' therefore by using this it will entice the particular target audience. NME fans know all about brand new hot bands and bands that have existed before so I contained a mixture of both old and new on the cover in the same kind of genre I aimed to achieve as 'The Naughtees' such as 'The XX' and 'Haim'. The colour scheme reflects the usual colours of red and black however I used a light blue which tied in with the PUFF I used at the top of the page to create a house style for this particular cover. For the main headline I used red and grey as it stood out and I wanted the band name to be bold against the rest of the magazine. Red has connotations of danger which could portray this new band as being dangerous and exciting to the audience. The clothes which the band are wearing are not very formal which gives out a sense of recklessness and therefore follows the ethos of NME as it does not usually follow conformity. The whole background is white which allows the fonts to stand out more and gives a more authentic feel. The sub headlines are spread around the page in different areas and are not really following any pattern which is alike to the rest of the NME covers I looked at. The main image uses direct address where both characters are looking straight into the camera and allows the cover to include the audience. The band name is the largest font on the cover which will create an excitement for reader as NME readers are interested in new bands so seeing a large name of a band will attract them. The fonts use will create a brand for them as it is a very different font which will relate to them only and will become very recognizable to readers.
















No comments:

Post a Comment